Friday, May 11, 2012

from fixing to washing

for fixing
ready for alterations

for washing
ready for hand washing

I am happy with the progress of alterations of my vintage clothes. On last Sunday, I altered four vintage pieces and rearranged 'to fix' pile in the cabinet. I have segregated the pile into these categories (from top to bottom): KIV (I still have not figured out what to do with dresses), to shorten length, to fix elastic bit on the waist, to fix zipper and to detach sleeves. 

Once the pieces have been altered, these would go into washing pile. Some pieces from the 'to fix' piles have been added directly into the washing pile. I have decided to maintain its original length. Now, I have quite some washing to do on top of normal laundry.  But it is worth it.

Anyway, weekend is here and Mother's Day is on Sunday. Hope you will have a good weekend and great Mother's Day celebration with your family.

1 comment:

  1. i love the patterns on some of the clothing! like the cross and floral ones... wish i could alter stuff like you do!

    would you like to follow each other on GFC as well? do let me know x

    wishfulpenguin.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete