Sunday, January 6, 2019

wanderlust: when in budapest...

I have a little confession to make. Lately I have this obession of vintage hungarian embroidery top. Not sure how it started or is this just a phase, but for the past few months, I have been looking for it. Therefore my trip to Hungary would have given me the opportunity to find it. However, I have no luck. Well there is always another source to find, like on Etsy. 

Anyway, in my trip, I visited two vintage stores which I came across by accident whilst exploring the neighbourhoods. Oh wow, lucky me! I didn't even need to add into my itinerary. 





1052 Budapest
Károly krt 8
(Astoriánál)


My first encounter with Humana was in Spain. So it is no stranger to me. The interesting thing with Humana in Astoria or perhaps in Budapest, is their happy hour. The happy hour is a period of time when there is reduction on selected item, for instances, additional discount for winter wear such as coats and jackets. Cool move, isn't it?  






Szputnyik
1074 Budapest,
Dohány utca 20
Opening hours:
Mon to Sat: 10 am to 8 pm
Sun: 10 am to 6 pm

Szputnyik shop is well curated with both vintage and modern pieces for women and men from tops to shoes. They own an online shop as well. For vintage dresses, I think the pieces are mostly from 70s to 90s. Perhaps during my visit, pieces from earlier era have been sold out? The shop is still worth to visit. 

Hope everyone is having lovely weekend. Till my next post, stay chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment