Saturday, April 7, 2018

wanderlust: when in london... visit brick lane

First of all, I would like to apologize for neglecting my blog in the past months... I was travelling for work but was fortunate to have some personal time to do the things that I love. And I think you can guess what were on my to-do-list. Yes, vintage hunting (either for purely checking it out or shopping)! This time, I checked out Brick Lane Vintage Market. 

Brick Lane Vintage Market 1

Brick Lane 3

Brick Lane 4

Brick Lane 5

Brick Lane 6

Brick Lane 7

Brick Lane 8

You can find a wide variety of vintage items for ladies and gentlemen from clothing, shoes, to accessories. If you are lucky, you might find something to bring home. As for me, it was a good experience to check out this market. 

The Old Truman Brewery's Vintage Market
F, Block 85 Brick Lane London E1

If the vintage market leaves you unsatisfied, there are couple of vintage stores around this area. 

Blitz 1

Blitz 2

Blitz 3

Blitz 4

55-59 Hanbury Street London E1 5JP 

The store is spacious and nicely decorated. Vintage pieces are arranged neatly on racks.If there is a kilo-sale going in the store, then you are lucky.

Absolute Vintage 1

Absolute Vintage 2

14 Hanbury Street, London E1 6QR

As I entered the shop, the shelves full of vintage shoes got my attention. Let me tell you a little secret, I almost bought a pair of 40s/50s black suede pumps... I even tried them on and then I know I should not asked myself this "Do I really need another pair of vintage pumps?" but I did. And automatically I put them back on the shelf where they belong... 

Oh, by the way, I got too excited with the vintage shoes that I forgot to take more photos. The store is stocked with vintage clothes for women and men, bags and accesories. You can spot few designer vintage items such as Ferragamo shoes.

So this is my little vintage adventure in Brick Lane. Not a bad experience after all.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Till my next post, stay chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment