Tuesday, June 12, 2012

ben's vintage toy museum and thrift finds


vintage toy museum 1

vintage toy museum 2

vintage toy museum 3

vintage toy museum 4

vintage toy museum 5

vintage toy museum 6

I picked up Ben's Vintage Toy Museum's flyer whilst I was thrifting in Amcorp Mall weeks ago. During the recent trip to Penang, I have decided to check it out. The museum houses a large collection of toys such as robots, dolls, trains, aircrafts, guns, space toys, paddle cars and other toys. The staff was kind enough to show some good condition toys, for example the toy girl playing a music instrumental in the third photo. It works fine like it has not worn out. The toys were made in Germany, Japan, United Kingdom, the United States, Russia and other countries. Do check out this place if you love toys or vintage toys.

Details:
Ben's Vintage Toy Museum
No. 55, Lebuh Acheh, 10200 Georgetown, Penang
Opening hours: daily including public holidays from 10 AM to 7 PM
Admissions (at the time of writing): adult RM10 per person, children 2 to 11 years old RM6 per person
 

sleeveless sweater

pyjama top

blue top

On another note, my holiday would not be complete without any thrifting. I was pretty lucky at SA thrift store and have scored three pieces. I think the apple green top with lace is a pyjama top. Maybe I should sew a pair of shorts to pair with the top. As for the blue top, I think it needs a bit of colours to give it a fresh look. Good idea for fashion project, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment