Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fashion inspiration: New Dress A Day


Lately I have been following a very inspiring fashion blog called New Dress A Day. If you have watched the movie, Julie and Julia, then you would have a better idea of the concept behind this blog. The concept of this blog is similar to Julie Powell's blog - The Julie/Julia Project - about her attempt to cook all the recipes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Instead of cooking, Marisa buys thrift clothes at US$1 per piece and redesign or alter them to give the clothes a fresh new look.

Her blog has inspired me a lot. All this while, I have been only shorten or/and tighten clothes or dress for better fit but I have never thought that of redesign them. Redesigning clothes sounds fun and challenging at the same time. And I have already one piece for me to trial and error. So stayed tune!

Lastly hope everyone has had a wonderful Merdeka celebration or break.

No comments:

Post a Comment