Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tips from Greta Monahan from Rachel Ray Show

Whilst enjoying my Chinese New Year holiday in my hometown, I watched Rachel Ray show one fine morning. One of the segments was on fashion tips by Greta Monahan, she helped to organise a guest's wardrobe which was full of clothes and accessories and she faced 'I don't have anything to wear' problem.

First of all, Greta took all the clothes and accessories out from the wardrobe. Next, she used special tags to label different categories of clothes; top, bottom, etc. My favourite bit is how she differentiated normal clothes from special occasions clothes. She used the word 'WOW' for special clothes. What a coincidence! My sis and I have been using that word since last year when purchasing clothes. We buy only 'WOW' clothes. No point buying clothes without the WOW effect.

Another useful tip I picked up from the show is that to have at least five sets of 'ready-to-go 'clothes. What are 'ready-to-go' clothes? These are the fool proof sets - top and bottom paired with accessories. You can never go wrong with these. This saves time and lessen your headache when it comes to getting ready for work, for example. Just grab one of these set, put them on and you are ready to go to work.

I find the tips given are useful and relevant. Now, it is just a matter of time to clear and organise my wardrobe. I bet there maybe hidden treasures that need to be unearthed.

2 comments:

  1. funny thats how i "Categorized" mine:
    home lounging (normal)
    boring work cloths
    day time summer
    clubbing/dinner/date night (special occasion)
    jeans pile
    khakis pile
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool. As long as you have a system that works or you are comfortable with regardless how you categorised your clothes.

    ReplyDelete