Sunday, February 28, 2010

My new obsession - boyfriend blazer Part I

I am not a blazer person. Blazer, to me, it is always related to formal or business attire. Serious and perhaps boring. Of course, there are casual blazers as well with trendy details such as ruffles or studs. Not sure what has happened, all the sudden, I am into boyfriend blazer.

With no knowledge at all in 'How-to-wear' a boyfriend (BF) blazer, I have begun doing some research:

From: http://www.fashionising.com/trends/b--Boyfriend-blazer-fashion-trend-how-to-wear-it-2213.html - it mentioned two rules for BF blazer - firstly, make it oversize (one size up from your size) but the blazer should not swallow you. Secondly, roll up the sleeves for a relaxed look.

From: http://www.fashionising.com/trends/b--Boyfriend-blazer-fashion-trend-how-to-wear-it-2213.html - it advised to pair BF blazer with little black dress as an alternative to a cardigan and to wear it with a simple tee with a statement necklace.

After reading all the tips, I mustered all my courage to give this look a try. For your information, I am a petite and to achieve this look maybe tricky. Definitely need to wear heels when I am wearing a BF blazer.

The next thing to do was to look for an affordable BF blazer. I have been searching for couple of day before I have decided to purchase online from Pretty Happy Things. I ordered a black BF blazer and it would be delivered by early next week.

I am excited about it, can't wait to receive and experiment with it. I bet it will be a fun experience experimenting this look. On another note, BF blazer is spotted as one of the in trends for spring summer 2010. Good timing, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment