Sunday, February 21, 2010

Que Sera, Sera

Today's entry is not totally about fashion as per se. It is about a little incident before Chinese New Year holiday.

I have been eying a turquoise necklace for couple of weeks already. It was on sale and it was quite cheap. For the first two times when I checked out the necklace, it was still on the shelf. However, I did not get it during my second visit to the store. The reason was I have to many necklaces and I do not think I need another one although it was a different colour from the ones I have. I said to myself, if I came for the third time and the necklace is still on the shelf, I would buy it.

One day before going back to Ipoh for Chinese New Year, my friend from work and I went to a nearby mall to shop. Actually I was accompanying her to shop for some items for Chinese New Year performance on Friday. We went into the shop which sells the turquoise necklace I have my eyes on. "Oh gosh, it's still here," I said to myself. The necklace was sort of waiting for me to purchase and take it home. Without thinking any further to debate whether to buy or not, I picked it up and headed to the cashier to pay.

There is a saying in Chinese, if it belongs to you, it will be yours. If it is not, it would not be yours. I wonder, that incident involved only a necklace, what about in other contexts? Job opportunities special one, hitting jackpot or lottery? In bigger context, is this what they called fate, luck or just purely coincidences?

2 comments:

  1. dont they have extra in-stock? say, if one get bought they'll replace the empty shelf spot with another one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually for sale items, they will place all the stock on the shelves (if possible), otherwise some stock will be kept in store room. For this case, during those two times I was there, that was the only colour available on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete