Sunday, May 24, 2009

Never too late to pursue unfulfilled dream

At some point in my life, I wanted to work in a fashion magazine as a fashion writer or fashion assistant. I applied once but didn't really persistent in it. I ended up working in few fashion boutiques after completion of the short course in fashion design and dressmaking. Perhaps due to this unfulfilled dream, I signed up for a workshop on writing for magazine organised by the NSTP.

Last weekend I attended the said workshop. During the workshop, I made new friends and catched up with few acquaintances from the previous workshop. It was a good experience. I learnt a lot from the workshop especially on how to get an article to be published. The way the workshop was conducted was interesting as well. It was more of a practical/hands on basis which involved group activities, individual activities as well as homework.

So far with the knowledge I've gained from the two workshops, I think I have the basics to work on for my fashion projects - fashion blog or article on fashion. Now, I need an action plan and to work on it diligently.

No comments:

Post a Comment