Saturday, November 11, 2017

diy post: fixing bag's handles with twilly scraves

What would you do when the handles of your bag are cracked but its body is still in good condition? To throw or to do anything to salvage it? Whislt my bag is not an expensive bag but to throw it away just because of the handles seems to be a waste.

bag handles


Then I remember how Hermés twilly scarves are wrapped around the bags' handles. Why not? This seemed like a good idea and this inspired me to do the same with my bag.I got this bag in a flea market many years back in Kuala Lumpur. It was a pre-loved bag and I bought it for RM10.


Instead of buying fabric, I used a rectangular long scarf for this project which costs HKD20. So this is a cheap and fast fix. Here goes...

what you need

What you need:

Fabric or in my case rectangular long scraf
A pair of scissors
Thread
Needle
Chalk (not in this photo)
Ruler (not in this photo)
Sewing machine (not in this photo)
and not forgotting the bag 

1 a close up

Rip a seam open for about an inch to an inch and half at one of the end. Then turn the right side into wrong side through the opening. 

2 a close up

Find the middle point of the scarf and draw a line with chalk

3 cut into two

Cut along the line

4 sew seam
Sew the seams and remember to leave an opening. The opening is used to turn the wrong side to the right side. Once this is done, hand stitch the opening.

5.1 wrap the handle

Now, let's get the handles wrap! Not sure how to, just search videos on Youtube.Click here to check one of the videos.

6 finished
The finished product

My bag has been successfully salvaged! What do you think?

Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Till my next post, stay chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment