Saturday, September 9, 2017

wanderlust: london - diana: her fashion story exhibition @ kensington palace

P1100603

The earliest memory I have of the late Princess Diana is that I was staying up late with my family members to watch a fairy tale-like wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana. Furthermore, my mother has a hobby of cutting beautiful people in pretty dresses from magazines and newspaper and putting them in a book. And of course, the late Lady Di was one of them. I remember browsing my mother's book when I was little.

Fast forward to 2017, I had the opportunity to visit Diana: Her fashion story exhibition in Kensington Palace. When I tried to purchase a ticket at the Historic Royal Palaces website with no success, I was disappointed. I was about to give up hope, luckily my colleague in London office helped to source another website and tickets are available for purchase... phew and yay!  

dress 1

dress 2

dress 3

dresses 4

A total of 25 dresses were curated in this exhibition. Each dress tells a story and shows the evolution of her fashion style over the years; from the brown tweed wool day suit worn on her honeymoon to the elegant off shoulder black gown that she worn when dancing with John Travolta to the Versace ice blue silk gown with beading.  It is an indeed truly  wonderful sight and experience for fashionistas or Lady Di's fans.

design

design 2
Fashion illustrations

photo
My favourite photo

kensington palace
Kensington Palace

white garden 1

white garden 2
The White Garden

After visiting the exhibition, don't forget to strolling around the White Garden and the Palace's surrounding. The garden is planted with an array of white flowers to commemorate the late princess.

Till my next post, have a blast weekend and stay chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment