Saturday, August 19, 2017

outfit post: 40s gingham day dress


Outfit post 1 Okinawa

Outfit post 2 Okinawa

Outift post 3 Okinawa
Outfit: 40s vintage dress, thrifted vintage belt, sneakers

Last summer I bought few 40s vintage dresses and now I am trying to indulge in my purchases. I came across this adorable vintage dress on Etsy and  I was lucky because it is in my size. After few clicks, the dress is mine.

What make it such an adorable dress are the white collar and white cap sleeves. The dress comes with a side metal zipper, one of the features of a 40s dress. I re-hemmed the length of the dress, giving it a fresher look and more suited to my height.

Every now and then I search for 40s dresses on Etsy and also Instagram. Sometimes, I would buy 'wounded' pieces and try to give them second life. Oh, I just realised that I bought two pieces for my next projects and one perfectly nice wool dress for autumn or winter. Can't wait to receive the dresses! 

Have a great weekend and until the next post, stay chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment