Saturday, August 6, 2016

wanderlust: vintage hunting in shanghai

Despite of limited time, this didn't hinder me from finding and checking out any vintage stores in Shanghai. Whilst taking a stroll around the French Concession area, I came across this tiny shop; Antique Postcard Keeper. It was name of the shop that caught my eye first, then the two dresses hung at the doors. 

antique postcard keeper 1

antique postcard keeper 2

antique postcard keeper 3

The lovely tiny shop is curated with many accessories; necklaces, earrings and bags, which I believe are vintage. Worth to check it out if you are in the area.   

Antique Postcard Keeper
67, Wuyuan Road, 
Nearest metro station: Changshu Road Station 

anxi clothing market 2

anxi clothing market 1

anxi clothing market 3

anxi clothing market 4

anxi clothing market 5

Timeout is a good resource. I read about  Anxi Clothing Market from Timeout Shanghai and decided to add it onto my to-visit list. During my visit on a Sunday morning, not many stores opened. Many stores seems like selling new goods; shoes, bags and clothes. However, there was a shop which at the first glance looks like selling used clothes. Hence I made a quick stop to rummage the clothes on the racks. And I was lucky to find two lovely dresses circa 1980s - yay! 

Anxi Clothing Market
1335 Kaixuan Lu, near Anshun Lu
Nearest metro station: Hongqiao Lu Station

dress 2 a

dress 2 b

dress 2 c

dress 2 d

Tiny hole on the left bust. Need a bit of 'magic' to repair it. 

the egyptian dresss 1

the egyptian dresss 2


the egyptian dresss 3


Egyptian or hieroglyphs print

I never thought this trip would turn out to be a fruitful one; that I managed to buy two vintage dresses (for RMB55, less than USD10!) and not forgetting gazing at the majestic view of Pudong skyline from the Bund. Oh, I wish I could have stayed longer to explore and get to know the city more. Old Shanghai, perhaps another time?

Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Stay chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment