Monday, February 6, 2012

kl bundle fest: a fantastic thrifting adventure


KL Bundle Fest was held last Saturday at Lot 153, Jalan Ampang which is near Pelita Nasi Kandar, KLCC. I did not really count the number of vendors but it was promoted that 30 vendors from Klang valley and other states. It was well merchandised fest with items such as clothes, shoes, bags, accessories, vinyl records and some books too.


Heaps of scarves, clothes... all you need to do is to dig, dig...

Some merchandise were sold at affordable or cheap price!

I am thankful that I have some ang pow money to spend. I have been thinking of adding my vintage brooches collection without purchasing through etsy. Not that I am boycotting etsy but it is easier to purchase locally and slightly cheaper too.


Purchased these two art deco inspired brooches from Jewel Rina. Check out its online store if you are interested in imported vintage accessories from the States. It is almost like shopping for vintage accessories on etsy.



And I bought these lovely frocks as well at a very affordable price from Tangerine Loft. Each piece has its own uniqueness which I can not resist to make them mine. I could not believe my eyes, when a vintage vendor informed me that there is a Marc Jacobs dress on the rack. I was thrilled that the dress is my size. Yay! A thrifted Marc Jacobs dress - what a treasure from the fest.

I did a little research on the dress, out of curiosity and interest. The dress could be from mid 1990s onwards. Here is what I found on WeConnectFashion site:

"In the Fall of 1993, Jacobs Duffy Designs, Inc. launched their licensing and design company: Marc Jacobs International Company, LP, and in 1994, the company signed its first licensing agreement with renown Look, Inc and Mitsubishi Corporation for distribution of the Marc Jacobs designer collection in Japan."

It was good fun and sadly I think I need to put my thrifting trips on hold for a while. I have just realised over the time I have purchased many, many lovely vintage pieces. Due to space constraint, I need to let go some of these vintage dresses and this means there will be an update on chic4less soon. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. What a great find. That's what I love about thrifting and vintage shopping!

    A Fictional Blog

    ReplyDelete