Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fashion inspiration: 1980





Photos taken from Teenager, August 1980
published by Joie Inc, Japan


Growing up in the 1980's were fun. I remembered my first Barbie doll and at that point, Barbie doll was the most 'in' and luxurious kind of toy. Thanks to my parents, who got me a Barbie doll which helped me to develop my interest in sewing and fashion. Since the dresses or clothes for Barbie dolls were expensive, I used fabric remnants to make clothes.

Another influence would be Jem, the cartoon TV series was about girl bands - Jem and the Holograms and the Misfits. The clothes were so gorgeous and the songs were nice too. From time to time, I would watch some episodes on Youtube. I hope there would be Jem the movie with real people, not animated. This would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment