Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Antique Sewing Machines



Whilst thrifting at my favourite flea market last Sunday, I noticed quite a number of stalls were selling antique sewing machines. Interesting and a bit tempted to get one. Even if I did get one, what would I do with it? Use it or just keep it as a collectible item? And these babies are not cheap. They can cost over thousands of Ringgit Malaysia.

The third photo (from top to bottom) shows antique sewing machines which can be dated back 1890's or 1900's. Came across a cool website on antique and vintage sewing machines - http://www.sewmuse.co.uk/

I think I should be thankful with the sewing machine that I have at the moment. After all, I need a sewing machine to sew, not just for display. Unless I have the extra money to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment