Friday, April 30, 2010

New Obsession - Vintage Bags

Lately I have diverted my attention from vintage dresses to vintage bags. Perhaps in my mind I thought I have enough of vintage dresses, from sheath dress to chiffon flare dress to lace collars dress, I should focus on other items, say vintage bags.

It all started early this year when I purchased my very first vintage bag at a flea market. It was a very good bargain - RM10. The design of the bag is very simple but there are metal fringes at the bottom of it, which makes it a unique bag.

Second bag was purchased from Thrifty Bunnie. It is a black sling bag with safety feature of combination lock. How cute is that? In a jumbo sale, I purchased another black sling leather bag at a very, very cheap price.

My favourite vintage bag is a tooled leather bag which I purchased from Vintage Packstocks. I recall the night of endless emails to the owner of VP to inquire about the bag. I even took few days to decide. Well, finally I decided to purchase it. I have always attracted to unique things. And it was hard to resist this one of kind vintage bag. At the same time, it was on sale. Now, I wonder were there any interesting stories behind the bag or the owner of the bag...hhmm...

With the so-called new obsession, I think I will be busy looking for one of a kind vintage bags. Next on my list is a brown, camel or tan colour sling leather vintage bag.

Notes:
Top right photo: from left to right: black sling vintage bag with combination lock, black leather vintage bag, maroon-ish vintage bag

Bottom right photo: tooled leather vintage bag


2 comments:

  1. oh i really love the metal fringe maroonish bag! and its only RM10? wow!*jealous jealous :D*

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, it was really, really good bargain. yesterday i went back to my hometown and i managed to find couple of vintage bags :-)

    ReplyDelete