Sunday, June 19, 2016

wanderlust: vintage stores in harajuku, tokyo


Nowadays when I have the chance to travel abroad, I always try to include some vintage stores onto my itinerary. This was no exception for my recent trip to Tokyo. Frankly, I was excited to check out the vintage scene as it has been raved that in Asia, Tokyo offers the best vintage stores selections. Here are some my vintage store visits experience...

chicago0


chicago1


chicago2


chicago3

Chicago Harajuku-Omotesando
B1F, Olympia Annext Building, 6-31-21 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo

Chicago is one of the well-known used clothing or vintage chain stores in Tokyo. Hence it is also one of the most blogged vintage stores in the blogsphere. Personally, I think the selection is more focused on after 1970s and perhaps some 1960s. There is also a selection of used kimonos or yukatas and its accessories. Prices are reasonable as well, making Chicago one of the places to go for vintage lovers.

flamingo1


flamingo2a


flamingo3

Another similar chain to Chicago is Flamingo. Just in Harajuku area, I came across three Flamingo Stores whilst looking for other vintage stores on my to-check-out list.The store has everything such as ladies and men's clothes, vintage items, accessories, jewelry etc. Here is the link to Flamingo's webiste: http://www.tippirag.com/company# for further stores details.

slow0


slow1


slow2

Slow-Omotesando
2F, 6-7-8, Jingumae, Shibuya-yu, Tokyo

This is lovely stores with great interior design. It has a good selection of vintage items from clothes, bags, shoes and accessories either designer vintage or just vintage items. The price range is a bit out of my budget as it is a bit pricey. However, I would say the store is worth to checkout.

santamonica1

Santa Monica curates a great selection of vintage ladies' clothes. The price range it is believed to be affordable. I got my eyes on a vintage silk slip (with little embroidery embellishment) which I did not get in the end. The price of the vintage silk slip is JPY4,500 (USD 43). If I recall correctly, this store is located on Omotesando Road.

santamonica2

Santa Monica Harajuku
4-25-5, Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
Website: http://www.harajuku-santamonica.com/  (website in Japanese)

What do you think? Are you convinced that Tokyo has an amazing array of vintage stores? If you are planning to visit Tokyo, do check out these vintage stores. 

Until my next post, stay chic and stylish!

No comments:

Post a Comment