Monday, June 13, 2011

Marketing or thrifting - does it matter?





Pasar Tani (local market) is cool! I took an advice from my new friend, Arina, to check out pasar tani. Glad that I did. Thanks for your advice! Vintage dresses are sold at affordable prices. How cool is this. I was at Pasar Tani Mega Stadium Shah Alam (Mega Local Market Shah Alam Stadium) yesterday. This market is opened on Sundays, from 7 am to 12 noon. Do check it out if you are in the neighbourhood.



Vintage dresses are hidden amongst bundle clothes or dresses. Digging (not literally) and rummaging are required to find these treasures. Patience and the ability to stand the hot and humid weather are needed as well. Without them, it would not be a successful thrifting trip.

As always, I hardly leave empty handed. I bought four dresses (at least three of them are vintage whilst the nude colour dress is quite hard to date) and a wicker tote bag (yay!). I think I bought vintage dresses from each different eras - floral orange shift dress looks like it is from the 1960's, pale yellow dress from the 1970's and the colourful dress from the 1980's. All these cost not more than RM50. I heart pasar tani!

Hope everyone had a good start today and have a good week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! you finally went there! thts the exact place where i bought my channel bag ok

    ReplyDelete