Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fashion project: Adding lace trimming


When I first saw the dress, I knew exactly what to do with it - shorten and add lace trimming. I love the tiny lace trimming around the neckline and armholes and also its colour. At the same time, I could imagine how to style the dress. All these were in my mind just in that particular first minute.

Firstly, I needed to take in the sides for better fit. Then, I measured the required length for the skirt, mark it and cut accordingly. Next, I pinned the hem and the lace trimming. Once those are done, it was sewing time! Sewed the sides, hem line and lace trimming as pinned. Now, the dress is ready.

Hope all Muslim readers will have a great Raya celebration and the rest a great break. Selamat Hari Raya! Maaf zahir dan batin. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment